2020 is dead. Long live 2021!
Last year was a year, and this year will be another year. Time keeps slipping into the future. I have yet to find someone where it goes backwards or even stagnates for. Time waits for no man. Insert your other cliche's into the mix here as needed to get the point across.
Like previous years I plan to create a few goals for the year. These are not binding, but it keeps me from going off the rails and spending like crazy on the new shiny. It also keeps me from jumping from project to project without finishing stuff first. Like I say, to be a Game Designer, you need to have games for people to play!
Like most years, I am breaking this down into the following categories:
- Purchases- Things I spend my money on
- Painting and Modeling- Things I paint and build to play games with
- Playing Games- The name says it all. The games I will play and report on
- Rules Writing- New projects and games I am working on
- Miscellany- Other things related to Blood and Spectacles but not the other 4 categories.
My goal is always to have a self-sufficient Hobby experience. As I have said many times, you can make more money recycling cans than being a game designer, so I am not looking to make a living. I have a corporate job for that! However, with your help I CAN expand with projects that motivate you and inspire you in my own gaming systems!
Creating games requires more than just writing rules. You need to playtest games, market games, and put pretty pictures into your publications. These purchases help with that process! When you make a purchase from Blood and Spectacles, you are helping to support this work. For that, I thank you! Thank you! I will keep trying to produce good products for you to have fun with and play!
So, here is what I would like to Purchase this year.....
- Victrix Vikings for my Fury of the Northman Project
- DreamPod 9 With the Lightning Mechs for Glittering Void
- Tumbling Dice Korean War Aircraft for White Star/Red Star
- Oathsworn Starter Bundles A and B for Burrows and Badgers
- Stay caught up with the Osprey Wargaming Series
- Pick-up Stargrave when it comes out
|White Star/Red Star using my (in)famous paper templates|
Painting and Modeling
One of the reasons my Purchase list is limited, is because I know I can only paint about 100-150 models in a year. No need to buy more than I can paint! Plus, going into this year, I have a full size Republican Roman army to paint, so there goes most of my painting time this year!
- Victrix Republican Roman army for Wars of the Republic
- Paint the new miniatures I purchase
- Play 4-6 games of Ancients of any system- Heirs of Empire, Men of Bronze, The Games: Blood and Spectacles, or Wars of the Republic will all be acceptable!
- Play 1-2 games for Operation: Hemlock
- Play 2-4 games of my WIP games- This includes Castles in the Sky for Osprey
- Get 1 new Non-Blood and Spectacles game on the table
- Complete Castles in the Sky for Osprey
- Update The Games: Blood and Spectacles with new photos, art, and resources
- Try to get a new work published in a Magazine, Osprey, or through another channel
- Move a WIP game to the Wargame Vault
- Add a new game to the WIP section
- Get a new Blog post up every two weeks, if not every week
- Update the Painting and Gaming tracker for 2021
- Tie my Social Media, Website, Blog, and Messageboard together for a more unified marketing message
- Try to increase my network with other Game Designers
- Update my Products on my Website